Home health care includes any professional support services that allow a person to live safely in their home. In-home health care nursing services can help someone who needs assistance to age and live independently. Is managing chronic health problems; Is recovering from a medical shock, or has special needs or disabilities. Professional carers such as nurses, assistants, and physicians provide short-term or long-term care in the home, depending on a person’s needs.
Your care is important in the place you love:
Home health care can be the key to achieving the highest quality of life. It can enable safety, security, and increased independence; This can make managing an ongoing medical condition easier; This can help avoid unnecessary hospitalization; It can help recover from illness, injury, or hospitalization – all done through comfort in the home and care of the familiar. Home health care may include:
Help with daily activities like dressing and bathing:
- Assistance in safely managing tasks around the house.
- Therapy and Rehabilitation Services.
- Short or long-term nursing care for a disease, illness, or disability – including tracheostomy and ventilator care.
Types of home health care:
Not all home health care providers offer all different types of home health care services. This short guide will provide an overview of different types of home health care. Care is customized to your individual needs and may include one or more of the types of services described. Contacting a provider to discuss your needs can help determine what care is best for you.
While many types of home health care can meet a variety of needs, they share a common goal: to be happier, to have more independent living for carers, and to support and peace of mind for their families.
- Personal Care & Companies
- Private Duty Nursery Care
- Home health care
1- Personal Care & Companies:
Non-medical care, home health aide services, senior care, housewife care, supportive care, or companion care.
- Assistance with self-care, such as preparing, bathing, dressing, and using the toilet.
- Enabling security at home with the help of prevention, relocation, (eg, from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to toilet).
- Assistance with meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, escorting for chores, medication reminders, and appointments.
- Partner in hobbies and activities and engaging.
- Supervision for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
2- Private Duty Nursery Care:
Hourly at-home nursing care for adults with long-term, chronic illness, injury or disability.
- Home-based skilled nursing, long-term.
- Nursing care, catastrophic care, tracheostomy care, ventilator care, nursing care, shift nursing, hourly nursing or adult nursing.
Private duty nursing care services may include:
- Care of diseases and conditions like brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury (SCI), ALS, MS
- Ventilator care
- Tracheostomy care
- Monitoring vital signs
- Administration of drugs
- Ostomy / gastrostomy care
- Feeding tube care
- Catheter care
3- Home health care:
Short-term, physician-directed care designed to help prevent or cure an illness, injury, or hospital stay.
Home health care services may include:
- The short term nursing services
- physical therapy
- occupational therapy
- speech Language Pathology
- Medical social work
- Home Health Support Services