- Our Genesis Diagnostics labs and technicians aim to make your testing experience as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- Specific patient preparation instructions are included in the test descriptions in our Laboratory Test Directory.
- If there are any additional questions about patient preparation, call Genesis Diagnostics at (267) 212-2000 for further instructions!
- Always follow all of your physician’s directions for before, during, and after your lab test. Please let us know if you did not follow your physician’s directions so we can handle accordingly.
Do I need to make an appointment?
Walk-in’s are welcome at any of our lab centers.
What do I need to do before a test?
- Certain tests require fasting before taking a test for up to 8 hours or overnight. Please follow your physician’s directions regarding how long to fast. It’s important to continue drinking water and taking your medication (only as directed).
- On the morning of the test you may want to eat a light breakfast to prevent dizziness. Do not eat if you feel you may be nauseous during the test.
- Drink plenty of water. This will keep your body hydrated and make the testing experience easier.
What do I need to bring to a test?
- Bring all required forms for the test.
- Bring along your insurance information and any health spending account card.
- Bring your Photo ID.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a legal parent/guardian. If you are not the legal parent/guardian, you must bring proper authorization for minor children lab testing.
- You may want to bring along a snack for after the testing to restore your energy and prevent lightheadedness.
How do I deliver a test specimen?
Please follow your physician or health provider’s directions for delivering a specimen to our lab centers.
What should I expect at a lab testing?
- Your job during the test is to provide the required specimen. Our job is to make sure the experience is efficient, safe and comfortable.
- Walk-in’s may have to wait for an available testing slot.
Will I be provided with the test results?
The health provider or physician who ordered the lab test will be provided with the results. You should request the results from the provider.
When can I expect the results?
Test results are delivered quickly and efficiently. Results depend on the type of test. Some test results may be available within a few hours or up to a few days. Check with your health provider regarding when you can expect test results.